Nominations to this year’s Teach Early Years Awards have closed, and we are now delighted to reveal our finalists.
Comprising five nominations from each of our 12 trade categories, the shortlist features a wide variety of innovative resources – from construction toys and musical instruments, to CPD packages and picture books, and much more.
You can find a full listing below.
The next stage will see the finalists assessed by a nine-strong expert panel of early years authors, leaders, consultants and educators, amongst them LEYF CEO June O’Sullivan MBE, Old Station Nursery MD Sarah Steel and award-winning author/illustrator Lizzy Stewart.
Their verdicts will be unveiled in Teach Early Years magazine in September, with our five-, four- and three-star winners in each category showcased in a comprehensive Awards special.
To all those who made nominations, thank you again for taking part – and to our finalists, good luck!
If you have any queries about this year’s Teach Early Years Awards, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the team – email Teach Early Years editor, Jacob Stow or advertising manager, Samantha Law.
Teach Early Years Awards 2018 – Finalists
Communication, language & literacy
- Tales Toolkit
- Yellow Door – Early Literacy Progress Pack (available at Eduzone)
- Memorability Ltd – MemorAbility
- The Curious Fox Company – Early Scribbles Role Play Boxes
- Inclusion Expert – Watch Read Do Review
- Mine Conkbayir – Applying Neuroscience to Early Intervention
- Foundations Focus – Supervisions for Early Years: Complete Guide
- NDNA – Maths Champions programme
- Laser Systems – Laser Short Courses
- Commotion / TickiT – Sensory Blocks (available from Gompels)
- Hope Education – Magicubes
- Fafunia and The New Factory – Tengja
- Roylco – Curlicue Rods (available from Educational Advantage)
- KAPLA – KAPLA 100 Box
- Genee World – Early Years Tilt & Touch Table
- Bloomsbury – Bloomsbury Early Years
- Talking Products – Voice Pad
- EducationCity Ltd – EducationCity
- Learning Resources – GeoSafari Jr Talking Microscope
- Commotion / TickiT – Rainbow Viewers
- Yellow Door – Honey Bee Number Kit
- Oxford University Press – Numicon Firm Foundations
- Lakeshore – STEM Block Play Kit (available from Eduzone)
- Booklife Publishing – Booklife non-fiction range
Happy & healthy
- Be the Jellyfish – Be the Jellyfish resources
- Wisdom – Sensory Balance Beams (available from Educational Advantage)
- Lawrence Educational – Beat Baby Handbook
- Jessica Kingsley Publishers / Jo Cormack – Helping Children Develop a Positive Relationship with Food
- Early Years Resources – Superpower Superhero Set
- Collins Music – Music Express Foundation Stage
- ABC Creative Music – ABC Early Years Musicality Resource & Instrument Bag sets / Digital resources
- Ocarina Workshop – 4-hole Oc
- Out of the Ark – The Niki Davies Book of Splendid Science Songs
- Bloomsbury / Tom McLaughlin – Along Came a Different
- Lantana Publishing / Chitra Soundar & Poonam Mistry – You’re Safe With Me
- Old Barn Books / Bryony Thomson – The Wardrobe Monster
- Phaidon / Barbara Kanninen – Circle Rolls
- Nosy Crow / Ross Collins – This Zoo is Not For You
- 3P Learning – Mathseeds
- Schofield & Sims – Get Set Early Years
- Jolly Learning – Jolly Music Player
- Oxford University Press / Nuffield Foundation / Elklan – Nuffield Early Language Intervention
- Sound and Music – Minute of Listening
- Commotion / TickiT – Sensory Mood Light Ball (available from Gompels)
- Orkid Ideas – TomTag Manage my Feelings kit
- Wedge Whiteboards – Wedge Jotter pack
- Playlearn – Liquid Floor Tile (available from Eduzone)
- Therapy Box – ChatAble
Toys & games
- Talking Turtle – Playtime Dinosaur Castle
- Orchard Toys – Dinosaur Lotto
- Playmobil – Pirate Ship
- Orange Tree Toys – Crocodile Alphabet Puzzle
- Indigo Jamm – Benji Bus
- Boogie Mites – Minis Music and Movement Programme
- Le Toy Van – ABC Wooden Blocks
- Orchard Toys – Animal Shapes
- Little Learner Books / Little Signers Club – At the Bottom of my Garden
- Learning Resources – Snap-N-Learn Matching Dinos
You may also be interested in...
Sign up here for your free Brilliant Teacher Box Set
Make sure your menus are healthy, tasty and offer great value for money with expert guidance from nutritionist Nigel Denby.
Find out more here >