Recruiting for NEW Exciting Early Years Specialist Teachers
Bright Horizons Nurseries are currently recruiting for NEW Exciting Early Years Specialist Teachers to work across our Client nurseries based in Oxfordshire.
The Early Years Specialist Teacher, in partnership with the Nursery Manager and the Early Years and Operational support teams will have the responsibility of pedagogical leadership, management and for sustainable quality improvement at our nurseries, ensuring that nursery provides safe high quality care and education for all children. The annual salary for this role is £24,000.
This role is pivotal in our commitment to continuously improving the quality of care and education provided in Bright Horizons nurseries in line with the strategic goals of the company and the Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements with our client.
We currently have four opportunities across our Oxford sites and some opportunities across some of our London sites.
Early Years Teachers:
• Are specialists in early childhood development and will have Early Years Teacher Status or Early Years Professional Status, reflecting the specialist role that they have in working with babies and children from birth to five years old.
• Make education and care of babies and children their first concern. They are accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in their professional practice and conduct.
• The role will work closely with the Lead Early Years Specialist Teacher and Early Years Quality Improvement Manager in developing and monitoring a clear quality improvement plan for the nursery in partnership with the nursery team.
• A key purpose of this role will be the coaching of staff to enable them to improve their pedagogical leadership of children’s learning and development in line with legislative requirements, company policy and procedure and expectations of our client.
• You will work closely with staff to help them to develop reflective practice
• You will support and guide staff with observation, assessment and planning in line with legislative requirements and company expectations. Ensuring that progress reports, 2 year checks and required assessment reports for children are accurate and professional.
Early Years Teacher Standards:
• Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge every child
• Promote good progress and outcomes for children
• Demonstrate good knowledge of early learning and EYFS
• Plan education, taking into account the needs of all children from Birth to Five Years
• Adapt education and care to respond to the strength and needs of all children
• Make accurate and productive use of assessments
• Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and provide a safe learning environment
• Fulfil wider professional responsibilities
• Early Years Teachers are ideally placed to fulfil the needs of employers in private, voluntary, independent and maintained sectors, for high quality education and care for babies and young children.
Early Years Teacher Status (EYT):
• You will hold a Degree in Early Years Pedagogy or related field
• You will have Early Years Teacher Status/Early Years Professional Status (birth to five)
Experience & Skills required:
• Experience of working with children from Birth to Five Years
• Proven success in managing change, leading improved quality teaching and learning in Early Years
• Demonstrate a proactive approach to taking responsibility for getting things done
• Ability form judgements and make decisions
• You must have strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
• You must be competent in Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Proud to be recognised as a Great Place to Work every year since 2006!
• Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents GOLD award winner
• Child protection training delivered to EVERY member of the Nursery Team
• Excellence is rewarded: daily, weekly, monthly, and annually: as individuals and as a Team!
• We offer every member of staff a ‘World Class Welcome’
• Accredited as Investors in Diversity – you can bring your whole self to work!
• Communication is at the HEART of all we do – just one of our HEART principles
• Regular 1 2 1’s, support, and supervision to help your career flourish
• Family friendly flexible working
• The Bright Horizons Foundation for Children: Supporting children in the communities where we live and work
Your share of the profits
• Above industry average salary
• Employee assistance program
• Free uniform
• Generous paid time off for sickness
• Annual awards of excellence
• Employee appreciation month
• Going for Gold program
• High Street discounts
• Teamworks loyalty scheme
• Succession planning and excellent career opportunities
• 18 mandatory training courses
• Time off for dependents
• Volunteering policy
• Member of Employers for Carers
• Childcare Discount
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken.