Outstanding advice for foundation stage professionals
Supervisor for Children’s Activity Clubs
Posted: 13 Mar 2017
Bedruthan Hotel & Spa - Mawgan Porth, Cornwall
Supervisor for Children’s Activity Clubs (aka Department of Mischief and Mayhem)
The Childcare Team are extremely passionate about providing and delivering an action packed, resourceful programme of events to delight, excite and entertain. Whether this is children’s birthday parties, discos, pantomimes, arts and crafts, wake up & shake ups, slip and slides - no two days in The Beehive are ever the same!
The role of Supervisor is to support the Manager, Deputy and Hosts within the Childcare Team; inspiring, nurturing and enabling them.
Key responsibilities include:
· Develop and present activities programme for children up to 12 years old
· Assist with training, development and nurturing of Hosts
· Maintain set standards of activity clubs and stock with age appropriate, exciting equipment
· Understand and implement department budget
The ideal person will have an NVQ or CACHE Level 3 playwork or equivalent qualification or NGB Awards in Outdoor Activities or similar outdoor experience and experience in a similar supervisory role. Excellent written and verbal English skills as well as an awareness of Health and Safety are essential.
You will fit in really well with the team if you have a flexible attitude, a creative and active mind as well as plenty of energy and enthusiasm.
- £8.97 per hour
- Permanent contract for 30-45 hours per week including weekends and evenings
- 28 days holiday per year
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free/minimal charge to use certain facilities in the hotel
- Hotel tips
- A free experience of our restaurant and rooms
- Cash back scheme for wellbeing
Look at our PERKS for more of them.
Wish you were here? Please use the “apply” link to send your CV and answer the qualifying questions. You will need to confirm that you are eligible to live and work in the U.K. Direct applications only.
A DBS disclosure is required prior to commencing employment; you will be responsible for this cost.
Closing date is Sunday 26 March
If shortlisted, you will be required to attend a Selection Day – date tbc
Start date: available immediately
As one team we take responsibility for reducing the negative impacts our actions and activities have on the environment and our local community; something we feel is right and is our way of life.